Monday, August 30, 2010

Thankful!




As I think of Decker today, I'm reminded of how just earlier this year I thought I'd lose him! In March Decker came down with some neurological problems! He acted like he had encephylitis or EPM! Thankfully blood work proved negative to everything! The vets said that he either got a bite of moldy hay off the ground in the pasture or he hit his head really hard on something to cause the swelling!

The symptoms where Decker walking in circles only to the left, head cocked to the left, difficulty swallowing and sleepiness. After two weeks of treatment of penicilin, Dex. and mushing up feed and hay; Decker was back to normal! Thank God!!!! Prayer really does work! I had so many people praying for us that it was amazing! My Grandma and Papa, who we lost this year in March and May, were not doing well at the time and I just couldn't handle losing them and my horse too! God I think blessed me with Decker for a reason! Maybe we are going to be able to make a difference in south Georgia by using Parelli! Who knows! I just know that this horse is special & I'm blessed to have him in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment